Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Wonderful Week of Sickness....not!!

I've always hated being sick, except for when it got me out of school. These days, it's too hard to be sick. Having a kid running around wanting your attention is just too much.
On Sunday, Josiah woke up with a whole lot of gunk in his right eye. We immediately thought it was pink eye and I started freaking out. The gunk went away fast and so Nick did research on the internet to see if we should go to the docter. Since it had cleared up so quickly we decided to wait. Josiah went down for a nap and when he woke up he had gunk in his left eye. So we quickly went to the doctor and they said he had an eye infection. So they gave us some antibiotic eye drops to give him and they have worked great. The only awful thing is putting the eye drops in his eyes - Josiah HATES it!
On Monday, it was my turn to get sick. I woke up fine, then around 11 a.m. I got this terrible sore throat, headache, and I was extremely tired. I started to worry, because I felt the exact same way when I had mono. I figured it was either that or strep throat and since I was supposed to babysit Brayden I decided to go to the doctor. They did a strep test, it was negative. He didn't think it was mono, so he gave me antibiotics. I am already feeling better.
Josiah likes it when I'm sick because he gets to watch TV and pretty much do whatever. It was hard enough putting eye drops in his eyes when I wasn't sick, but now it's even more difficult.
Anyway...that's my week so far. It's been interesting.

No comments: