Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pregnancy updates



I tried to get the best picture of my belly but I was by myself. This is my belly at 5 months-looks bigger in the picture than I feel.
This pregnancy has been much different than the last. With Josiah I had zero problems or sickness. With this pregnancy I had quite a bit of morning sickness, but thankfully that is over. Last week I was on antibiotics for a bladder infection and now this week I had to go to urgent care again. I thought I was having a heart attack because I was having intense pain in my chest and it wasn't going away. Finally it passed and I called by OB who said to go the urgent care and get checked out as he thought it didn't have to do with the baby. So I went reluctantly because I knew it wasn't my heart-I've never had any heart problems and it just didn't make sense. The doctor ran some tests and said I had a perfect heart and that she felt swelling around my sternum. She said I have costochondritis which is swelling of the cartilage that attaches the sternum to the ribs. So it's not a big deal, but it was painful. They can't give me anything because I'm pregnant. They told me to take tylonel if there is a flare up again.
So it's been quite different with this pregnancy. But it's all well worth it in the end.
I'm super excited to be having a girl. Yesterday I bought a newborn shirt that has frilly sleeves and is super cute. I only bought one...I'm waiting for our next ultrasound to be sure that it's a girl.
I'll try and take pictures as my pregnancy progesses so you can follow along.

No comments: