Monday, June 15, 2009

Two year olds are funny especially when you are trying to discipline!

Yesterday was quite the day and he definitely needed a nap. Josiah usually takes a nap very easily-I can put him in the bed and he'll fall asleep on his own. Yesterday this was not the case, I spent an hour trying to get him to nap at my parent's house. I went into the room and said, "You really need to go to sleep right now!" and he says to me, "Mommy!! YOU go to sleep!" I couldn't believe what I heard and I felt like I had a teenager instead of a two and a half year old. We ended up taking him out and he eventually took a nap at 5 pm....go figure!
Then today I told him to come upstairs with me. I got up the stairs and he was sitting on the bottom stair. I said, "Josiah hurry up and come up the stairs." After about three minutes of him just sitting there I said, "I am NOT happy." He says to me, "I happy!"
It's in these moments where I have to hold back the laughter. Sometimes I can't believe he said it and especially in the tone which he does.

No comments: