Sunday, December 14, 2008

Giving Back

Nick and I host a small group at our house. It's actually called a Missional Community Group, in the sense that our main purpose is living with a mission. We mainly do service projects for the community. This week we went out and bought christmas presents for four families that are in need. We were given christmas lists from each person and when I read what they wanted it made me feel so selfish. A lot of the requests were for underwear, socks, and towels. I'm glad we were able to help them in a time of need. We are praying that these families will feel the love of Christ this Christmas.

My brother came up with this great idea for our Christmas this year. Instead of buying presents for everyone, we decided to go in together and buy a goat for a family in Africa. Samaritan's Purse is a great organization where you can pick gifts to send to different countries. I think it is important to remember to give back especially during this Christmas season.

No comments: